Tuesday, April 26, 2011

First Post

Well this is what happens when you're up late at night and you cannot sleep.  I figured I would start this as a way to give out some tips to anyone who comes across this page, or any of my friends who follow me on Facebook.

Lately, I've been having a few people with spyware trouble getting in touch with me via txt as well as email.  It sometimes isn't easy to get rid of.  It's frustrating, it's annoying, it makes you want to reach through the computer to strangle the neck of the asshole that decided it would be a good idea to make people's lives miserable.  Removing this garbage isn't always straight forward.  Registry entries and start-up/autorun programs have to be fooled around with, etc.  However, two programs I've found really useful to help curb some of this are called Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and Microsoft Security Essentials.

More to follow, with a tutorial for you guys (undecided whether I make a video tutorial or not) when it's a more reasonable hour of the day.  Any specific questions, just leave a comment and I'll try to answer them as best as I can.

10 comments:

Gambling Degenerate said...

spyware sucks, thats why i moved to linux

Dave said...

making the migration after a little more research. playing around with JoliOS right now, neat stuff! =]

Mike Litoris said...

nice!

Dr Shankums said...

Malwarebytes is a great program

Anonymous said...

Funny... I've never had any serious problem with any kind of malware. I believe that viruses and trojans and spyware is a bit overrated.
Get a decent avp + using common sense = no problems at all :D

Dave said...

@dr Shankums yeah, i've found it indespesible for solving problems on some peoples issues

@Alfis I wish it were that simple man, some people click a bad link or install funny software.....for the most part these are usually people who aren't too internet/pc savvy.

thanks for following guys =]

Unknown said...

Any help on the google redirect virus? The progs listed haven't done me much good- I've just been clicking the cached link for all my searches.

Dave said...

@Fortune that's one im actually working on now for a friend of mine. That computer got the fake antivirus popup and all sorts of nonsense is happening to that pc. try this link

http://www.review-buddy.com/spyware-removers/how-to-remove-google-redirect-virus.html

go to the manual removal section. im going to give that one a shot when i'm in front of that pc again. i remember getting rid of TDSSserv.sys and deleting entries in the hosts file before and everything seemed to work ok. lemme know how everything goes, thanks for commenting =]

Lux said...

Good tips, but remember that the best protection against hackers and spam is just common sense. Beware what you do on the interwebs.

Fresh2Death said...

it exists...and it will squeal at you.